Developing a Data Governance Strategy
This module aids participants with the practical implementation of a Data Governance Strategy.
All GOC Departments are now, at a high level, developing Data Strategies to align with the Privy Council report “A Data Strategy Roadmap for the Federal Public Service”, but how does this affect individual groups within GOC Departments, Agencies and Crown Corporations?
In this module, you will learn the key principles and best practices that drive Data Strategy and how they can be practically implemented in the workforce to provide a positive return on investment through key data practices, including how to:
- identify data needs and strategies for alignment with departmental strategy
- assess, review and address the needs of stakeholders
- be an ongoing champion of data use
- use data to guide decision making
- effectively prepare to share data both internally and externally
- obtain key insights from data
- use data to review and enforce accountability and responsibility
- connect data functions internally across groups and externally with OGD and 3rd parties